Switching my cat Buddy from
dry cat food to wet cat food will be no easy task, that's for sure. As a kitten, he never ate the wet food he was offered, and has had a dry food diet ever since (Buddy is 8 years old). The other day I gave him some canned Friskies pate. At first he was happy to lick up the gravy but unfortunately, he had a hard time actually eating it. He seemed to not know how. I cut it up into smaller chunks, and watched him again. He was trying to scoop up the chunks on his tongue, but they were too big. I cut up them into kibble size pieces, and he had much better luck with that. However, he was not very enthusiastic about it and didn't eat much. He seems to eat a lot less canned food than dry food. Today I gave him a new flavor, chunky tuna. He doesn't seem to like this one at all. He may have to go back to dry food after this. Poor guy.
Update: By late evening, Buddy hadn't eaten anything at all since the morning, He would rather starve himself than eat the chunky tuna. I finally gave in and gave him his dry kibble. Buddy is a happy kitty for now. There will be another wet food flavor, another day.
Buddy says "It's Nap Time Somewhere!"
No comments:
Post a Comment